Sunday, December 23, 2012

Final Blog #10



In Sociology Class this semester I felt it was very challenging.Sometimes Even hard to keep up and follow.But I made it through.And I found myself interested in a few topics.

One of the topics that interest me the most was Chapter's 8 Deviance.Deviance is actions or behaviors that go against our social norms.It was just interested to me what the norms was if every culture.

Another topic that interest me was
Standford's Prison Experiment.
The article "sense and Nonsense about surveys" and the "Standford Prison Experiment", i thought to me interesting.As though one is about experiments the other is about surveys.The difference between surveys and experiments is that:Experimentation produces either one or no outcome.Surveying gathers many opinions which can subsequently be analyzed and a general concensus determined.But I felt like both topics were similar being that surveys and experiments are both set out to find some type of information to the unknown.And is data that is always updated because its due to either change or stay the same.

The last experiement that interst me was "Killing Us Softly And The Manbox"What I've taken away from these readings and videos is that society has impacted women from adolescent stage in life.And that ads depict the wrong message to society about the ideal perfect woman that is put beneath a man and only use as an sexual object.Even,before our generation women were always put on the back burner.Men are always giving the spoon fed to them,and are always picked first without being thought about twiceSo,basically I guess its safe to say that this is a "Man's World".

In all even though the class was interested it open my mind to things I was so naive to about culture,society,and even just an individual.I would recommend this class to students.

No comments:

Post a Comment